Job Title: Account Director
Terms of Employment: Contract Role, April – December
Reports To: Senior Account Director
Location: 10 Alcorn Ave, Toronto, ON (Hybrid or Remote)
What We Do at T1: We’re a Full-Stack Sponsorship Marketing Agency
With almost 30 years of experience and the energy of a start-up, we deliver strategic partnerships, creative activations and effective amplification. We create immersive, engaging partnerships and experiences to help brands leap beyond their logo to connect with their communities in meaningful ways.
It’s not just how we work. It’s why we work.
At T1, a great Account Director uses their previous professional experience within events, conferences and/or experiential marketing to lead their clients and team to success.
- Marketing & Sponsorship Acumen: They speak knowledgeably with clients about measurement, marketing channel optimization, and best in class work. They understand their clients’ businesses – their target consumers, their competitors, their business drivers, and their marketing objectives. They understand and influence how their programs fit into the marketing mix for their clients.
- Event Management: Manage event portfolios such as in-person, hybrid, and digital events and conferences. Includes overseeing event execution from design to planning and execution. Leads the management, event logistics, communications, staff planning, budget management, hotel, and travel management, food and beverage management, post-event impact analysis, and agency/contractor management.
- Client Management: They are the primary point of contact with our clients on projects and often have a portfolio of clients that they work with. They develop trusting relationships with their clients/partners. They are adept at managing client expectations. They have insight into the client’s needs and challenges and have good listening skills. They are able to develop strategies and approaches to having difficult conversations with clients. They seek opportunities for organic growth with clients and have an assigned growth target.
- Project Management: They can confidently manage a portfolio of work with the help of their team. They have systems and practices in place that allow them to effectively monitor the work without doing all of it themselves (for the most part), allowing their team to take on new challenges and grow while ensuring that risks are managed, and execution is flawless.
- Financial Management: They own the planning process for their accounts, projecting revenue for their team, planning how targets will be met, and providing input into the related resources needed to be profitable. They understand the cost structure of their team and their discretionary budgets.
- Production: They demonstrate the ability to manage and coach others in the area of partners/vendor evaluation, and management of logistics including insurance, permits, and contracts.
- People and Relationship Management: They work well with a variety of client personalities. They take on the role of coach to their team, teaching them and encouraging them. They have a good sense of how much coaching their team needs. They are learning how to provide effective feedback in a way that motivates them.
- Critical Thinking: This speaks to the ability to focus on information, process it and really understand it, stopping to question along the way to understand why we are doing something before we move to what we are doing. People with strong critical thinking skills focus, listen, ask questions, and seek to understand. Then they think through solutions and consider impacts – impacts on results, clients, team members, planning, and timelines.
And while they are obviously amazing, they don’t take themselves too seriously.
What We’re Looking For:
- 6–8 years of related experience with a focus on events, conferences, and/or experiential marketing, with a minimum of 2-3 years at the supervisor level.
- A passion for promoting DE&I, challenging barriers, and working with DE&I clients.
- Baseline understanding or interest of leading practices, policies, processes, and evaluation tools in DE&I.
- Proven success in cultivating strong relationships with clients and becoming a trusted partner.
- A strong understanding of client servicing requirements and the ability to anticipate client need.
- A strong flare for budget management and proven experience managing budgeting, reconciliation, profitability, forecasting and overall account P&L
- Demonstrated people management experience with direct reports and/or mentees.
- A love of the creative process and finding solutions to problems of all sizes, shapes, and colours.
- Proven success in a high-performance culture and comfortable pushing and being pushed to outperform expectations.
- Someone who seeks to evolve as a person and is comfortable in a constantly evolving agency that is continuously committed to finding innovative ways to do things better.
- Ability to travel for client & vendor meetings, events & live activations.
What We Do Is Hard Work. So, We Take Care Of Each Other
We value the diversity of the people we hire and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is one where everyone feels represented, safe, and welcome. The T1 Agency welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our colleagues are people we like to hang out with. We enjoy a collaborative environment and regular social events. We understand the importance of enjoying your birthday somewhere other than the office, heading up to the cottage early on a long weekend, bringing your dog to work, and having a cold beverage on Friday.
At T1, you will enjoy:
- 10 “T1” days – Hint: extra-long, long weekends
- Flexible work from home options
- Opportunities for your continued learning and development
Please apply here – https://airtable.com/shr7Lu6GWbpCkFmg1