The T1 Agency Limited operating as T1 (“T1”) creates unique methods, activities, and events which introduce consumers to our clients’ brands. Through these extraordinary introductions, consumers can immerse themselves in the flavour and spirit of our clients’ brands and gain memorable brand experiences.
Definition of Personal Information
Canada’s “Personal Information Protection And Electronic Documents Act“ sometimes referred to as PIPEDA, sets out the principles which T1 must follow when collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Information. PIPEDA defines “Personal Information” as information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Purposes for Which T1 Will Collect, Use, And Disclose Personal Information
T1 may collect Personal Information about you through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event, as well as use and disclose such Personal Information, for the following purposes (hereinafter individually and collectively referred to as the “Identified Purposes”):
- To establish your identity, obtain your contact information, and confirm your sign-up and registration if you wish to become a registered user of a T1 Website (“Registered User”) or a registered participant in a T1 Event (“Registered Participant”);
- To establish and maintain your account with T1 as a Registered User or a Registered Participant;
- To facilitate and process your payment to T1 for a T1 Event which you have signed-up to participate in as a Registered Participant;
- To communicate with you as a Registered User and/or as a Registered Participant about T1 Websites and T1 Events, as well as T1’s partners, sponsors, and suppliers, including sending newsletters, materials, and other information to you;
- To facilitate, manage, and carry out T1 Events promoted or described on T1 Websites;
- To store and maintain content that you may have provided on blogs, forums, wikis, and other social media applications, products, and services, including third party applications, platforms, and plug-ins such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media”);
- To communicate with you through Social Media about T1, T1 Websites, and T1 Events, as well as about those products and services which are offered for sale by T1 and/or by T1’s partners, sponsors, and suppliers;
- To manage and operate T1’s businesses, to obtain goods and services required by T1 from third party consultants and suppliers, and to enter into contracts and agreements;
- To improve T1 Websites and T1 Events, as well as T1’s products and services;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, to assert and enforce T1’s legal rights and remedies, and to initiate or defend against legal proceedings;
- To take action regarding any suspected or actual unlawful activities involving T1, a T1 Website, a T1 Event, or any Registered User, Registered Participant, or other person, including interacting with police and other public safety organizations;
- To deal with emergency situations with respect to which T1 believes the life, health, or safety of any person may be in danger;
- To authorize third party companies, including Google, to tailor and provide advertising on this T1 Website and on other T1 Websites which may be of interest to you and to collect and use data about your activities on such T1 Websites for such purposes (e.g., to allow third parties to tailor media and advertisements directed towards you);
- To authorize third parties to use information about your behaviour on T1 Websites and related to T1 Events in order to provide customized advertisements to you across various services and products. In providing these products or services, or placing advertisements, these third parties may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on T1 Websites and on third party websites. You may opt out as indicated in this Policy. Please note this does not opt you out of being delivered advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads; and
T1 may disclose your Personal Information for the Identified Purposes to T1’s directors, officers, employees, representatives, consultants, and service providers, and to T1’s parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, who are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
If any of our representatives, consultants or service providers are located outside of Canada, such third party will be bound by, and your Personal Information may be used and disclosed by such third party in accordance with, the laws of the jurisdiction in which such third party is located.
T1 may use third parties to communicate directly with you as a Registered User and/or Registered Participant for the Identified Purposes.
When Personal Information collected by T1 from you through a T1 Website or related to a T1 Event is to be used for a purpose not previously identified by T1, the new purpose shall be identified by T1 prior to use. Unless the new purpose is authorized by PIPEDA, your consent will be obtained before the Personal Information will be used for the new purpose.
What Type of Personal Information Does T1 Typically Collect?
Typically, the Personal Information which T1 will collect from Registered Users or Registered Participants will be their name, e-mail address, title, company, work address, work phone number, home address, and home and cell phone number.
If you are a Registered Participant, T1 may also collect debit card, credit card, or other payment information from you for T1 Event which you wish to participate in.
How T1 Collects Personal Information
T1 or its representatives may collect Personal Information for the Identified Purposes: (a) directly from you by mail, e-mail, telephone, facsimile, or by other means; (b) by passive or automated means through a T1 Website; (c) by your accessing a T1 Website through a mobile device or application; or (d) through your interaction with T1 on, or through, Social Media.
For example, T1 or its representatives will collect Personal Information directly from you in the process of your becoming a Registered User or Registered Participant, establishing an account with T1, purchasing any product or service from T1, providing credit or payment information to T1, or entering into any contest conducted by T1.
T1 may also collect Personal Information from you by passive or automated means such as standard internet log information, your IP Address, browser type and language, access times, and referring website addresses.
T1, its services providers, and its advertisers may also use “cookies”, “Web beacons” and other tracking technologies which enhance your user experience when visiting a T1 Website. T1 may also use technology to assist third parties advertise to you when your visit or use other websites or mobile applications.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are placed in your internet browser. Cookies identify you when your visit a T1 Website. This helps customize your user experience related to the T1 Website.
If you access a T1 Website through a mobile device or a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise geo-location information with T1. This also may assist T1 customize your user experience related to the T1 Website.
If you interact with T1 on or though Social Media, T1 may collect, use, and disclose Personal Information related to you, your friends, your contacts, your connections, people you follow, people who follow you, your posts, and your preferences for the Identified Purposes.
T1 may also use technology on a T1 Website to collect, determine, and analyze generic information regarding website user trends, user movement across the T1 Website, demographic information about users of the T1 Website, key elements which users of the T1 Website select or click on, and to look up internet addresses on the internet to determine general geographic trends of parties using the T
Website. This information will be generic information concerning usage of the T1 Website – not Personal Information.
Lastly, T1 may also combine your Personal Information with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which T1 will use to improve T1 Websites, to improve T1 Events as well as other T1 products and services, and to develop new products and services. Aggregate data is general information about groups of users but not about you as an individual.
Collection of Personal Information by Third Parties Through a T1 Website
T1 may authorize third parties to place advertisements, links, media, and other notices on a T1 Website. These parties may use various technologies to collect Personal Information.
T1 must obtain your consent before collecting, using, or disclosing your Personal Information for the Identified Purposes (“Consent”). PIPEDA sets out various exceptions to this requirement, such as when legal, medical, or security reasons make it impossible or impracticable to obtain Consent. T1 can obtain your Consent, which can be express or implied, in a number of ways.
Each time that you visit or use a T1 Website, sign-up with T1 to become a Registered User or a Registered Participant, provide information to T1 by mail, e- mail, telephone, facsimile, electronic, or other means related to a T1 Website or a T1 Event, order any products or services from T1, or interact with T1 on or through Social Media, you provide your Consent to T1. You may also be required by T1 to sign and provide additional written consent forms to T1 at times.
You may withdraw your Consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice to T1. In such event, T1 will inform you of the implications of your doing so.
In certain circumstances, T1 may seek Consent with respect to use or disclosure after your Personal Information has been collected but before use. This may occur, for example, if T1 wishes to use your Personal Information for a purpose not previously identified.
T1’s collection of your Personal Information through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event, shall be limited to the Identified Purposes.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal Information which has been collected from you by T1 through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event, shall not be used or disclosed by T1 for any purpose other than the Identified Purposes except with your Consent, as authorized by PIPEDA, or as required by law.
Your Personal Information will be retained by T1 only as long as is necessary to fulfill the Identified Purposes. Where your Personal Information is no longer required by T1 to fulfill the Identified Purposes, it will be destroyed, erased, or made anonymous except where it forms part of aggregated statistical data where your individual information cannot be traced back to you.
Personal Information collected from you by T1 through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event, shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Personal Information collected from you by T1 through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event, shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Upon request, T1 will make readily available to you specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information under T1’s control.
Upon receipt by T1 of your written request, T1 will, subject to PIPEDA, inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure by T1 of any of your Personal Information collected by T1 through a T1 Website or related to a T1 Event. You may also challenge the accuracy and completeness of any of your Personal Information under T1’s control and have it amended as appropriate.
T1 will respond to your written request within a reasonable period of time. Generally this will be within thirty (30) calendar days of T1’s receipt of your written request
Please note however that, in certain circumstances, T1 may not be able to provide access to all of your Personal Information which T1 holds about you.
In providing an account of third parties to which T1 may have disclosed Personal Information, T1 will attempt to be as specific as possible. However, where it is not
possible to provide a list of specific organizations to which T1 has actually disclosed your Personal Information, T1 will provide a list of organizations to which T1 may have disclosed Personal Information about you.
T1’s response will usually be provided at no cost to you. However, T1 reserves the right, depending upon the nature of the request and the Personal Information involved, to charge you T1’s costs to process each of your requests.
In any case where there may be a cost charged by T1 to process a request made by you, T1 will notify you in advance. If T1 does so, the identified costs must be paid to T1 by you in advance of T1 beginning to process such request.
If you successfully demonstrate to T1 the inaccuracy or incompleteness of Personal Information under T1’s control collected by T1 from you through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event, T1 will amend your Personal Information under T1’s control as required.
T1 will investigate all written privacy complaints which T1 receives from you related to Personal Information about you which T1 has collected through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event.
If you wish to make a privacy complaint related to Personal Information about you which T1 has collected through a T1 Website, or related to a T1 Event, please include on your complaint your name, email address, and telephone number where T1 may contact you. Please send your complaint to T1’s privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: August 26, 2016