Job Title: Public Relations Specialist
Duration: 6-Month Contract (February- April and July-September)
Locations: US Tour
Take Your PR Skills on Tour
As Public Relations Specialist, you will coordinate, manage and execute the public relations strategy for an iconic brand’s large Experiential Marketing tour across the US in 2019.
Travelling with the tour, you will generate positive brand/product publicity in each market. Then, at each tour stop, you will measure the effectiveness of communications by analyzing results and reporting findings.
You will be a shining member of the team as you collaborate with other agencies, clients and partners in order to create and distribute materials designed to communicate PR initiatives.
- Conduct outreach and confirm local media coverage in multiple markets
- Encourage event participation by reaching out to local community groups or associations
- Create effective pitch points and develop brand messaging documents for media outlets to use as their platform for publication
- Generate publicity: including press releases, media alerts and brand fact sheets
- Manage talent during on-site segments
- Maintain regular contact with Account Management & Execution team, providing daily updates on deliverables and reports within pre-determined timelines
- Audit key media and influencers regularly to stay on top of industry trends or hot button issues
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; focus in Journalism, Communications, or Public Relations preferred
- At least 3-5 years agency and in-house experience with a focus on consumer brands/products
- Ability to persuade, influence and articulate messaging to key opinion leaders across various mediums
- Expertise in briefing, handling and managing Tier 1 talent for media segments and interview
- Effective in handling large volumes within tight deadlines while travelling for 6–8 weeks through multiple markets
- Strong media contacts, understanding of competition and industry, and proven time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as flawless editing skills required
- Specialized traditional and non-traditional media knowledge, presentation skills, and ability to communicate with all levels of management and key decision makers.