Job Title: Account Manager (2 Open Positions)
Terms of Employment: Contract Role, April – December
Reports To: Account Director
Location: 10 Alcorn Ave, Toronto, ON (Hybrid or Remote)
What We Do at T1: We’re a Full-Stack Sponsorship Marketing Agency
With almost 30 years of experience and the energy of a start-up, we deliver strategic partnerships, creative activations, and effective amplification. We create immersive, engaging partnerships and experiences to help brands leap beyond their logo to connect with their communities in meaningful ways.
It’s not just how we work. It’s why we work.
At T1, a great Account Manager manages projects and campaigns from brief intake through to execution and is motivated by ensuring budgets are managed flawlessly.
- Marketing & Sponsorship Acumen: The Account Manager understands the Agency’s full-stack sponsorship approach and the work done by the cross-functional teams to provide a foundation for the work that we do. They have worked on a program that involves amplification (digital, social, PR), partnerships, and other marketing channels and understand how these channels are effectively used in the marketing mix.
- Client Management: Confident being the main contact with our clients on projects; client interfacing experience is mandatory. Lead briefings and client presentations with the support of the Account Director. Support in creating client presentations, ensuring they are on brief and on brand.
- Project Management: Project Management of multiple accounts with full ownership. Develop workback schedules and manage time against them. Identify key milestones, the impact on cross-functional teams, vendors, and clients, and plan accordingly. Can be trusted to manage these programs on their own (with oversight). Larger programs involve more cross-functional teams and can work with them effectively – understanding their role is to provide project management across the board. Continuously improving the skills needed to manage client expectations on day to day and through the provision of status reports.
- Financial Management: Supporting staff on budgeting, management, ordering/sourcing, and task tracking. Develop budgets and manage costs using Webvantage. Work within agency processes and with agency templates and tools. Confidently understand and respond to vendor quotes. knowing when to push for a better price and the questions to ask (shipping included? etc.) Can reconcile a budget in a timely and organized way. Are aware of the target billing and revenue for their client(s) and the variance between target and actual.
- Production: Work directly with the producers on estimates, timelines, contracts, legal and more. Work directly with agency partners on timelines, and overall coordination of asset delivery.
- People and Relationship Management: Direct management of AC; ensuring priorities and tasks are outlined. Approachable and considerate with their team of Brand Ambassadors, vendors, and teammates. Interns flourish under their guidance. Developing a sense of how much coaching their team needs.
- Critical Thinking: A strong critical thinker will demonstrate that they are seeking to understand rather than relying on their manager to do it for them. They will strive to only bring issues to their manager when they have thought through some solutions.
And while they are obviously amazing, they don’t take themselves too seriously.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of related agency experience with a focus on experiential and integrated campaigns.
- An understanding of Client needs and Client Service requirements.
- Solid foundation and understanding of the key roles and responsibilities of Account Management.
- Experience running integrated campaigns (OOH, Print, Digital, and Broadcast) through the studio and liaising with media partners is an asset.
- Experience working on multiple projects in different phases of the creative process.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or Manager.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in presenting.
- Proven success in a high-performance culture and comfortable pushing and being pushed to outperform expectations.
- Strong focus on results for the good of clients, partners, and peers.
- Willingness to travel and be on-site for events/activations as needed (weekends included).
What We Do Is Hard Work. So, We Take Care Of Each Other
We value the diversity of the people we hire and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is one where everyone feels represented, safe, and welcome. The T1 Agency welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our colleagues are people we like to hang out with. We enjoy a collaborative environment and regular social events. We understand the importance of enjoying your birthday somewhere other than the office, heading up to the cottage early on a long weekend, bringing your dog to work, and having a cold beverage on Friday.
At T1, you will enjoy:
- 10 “T1” days – Hint: extra-long, long weekends
- Flexible work from home options
- Opportunities for your continued learning and development
Please apply here – https://airtable.com/shrvigGeRYbXL2yao